(no subject)
Jul. 18th, 2026 07:41 amDuring my commute home on Thursday I started to think I could already feel the bad air coming in, even though the wildfire smoke hadn't reached our area yet. But when I stepped outside yesterday morning I could smell it. There was a faint haze in our neighborhood, and possibly a stronger one elsewhere. Once, of course, I could've just stayed inside after that because it would've been my telework day, but of course Trump took those away from us. I'll have to go out this morning, too, to pick up the dry cleaning, but I'm hoping it'll be a little better by then. Neither my mother nor my sister are setting foot outside their houses until this is over.
I need to order more filters for the air purifier. I've already ordered more N95s, although that's also for the upcoming plane trips. I've now got one more work day before San Diego, and it's a good thing I didn't take that one off, since one of my fellow librarians is going to be having her retirement ceremony on it. We have made sure not to include any fruits or vegetables in the refreshments; she doesn't like the former anyway.
I need to order more filters for the air purifier. I've already ordered more N95s, although that's also for the upcoming plane trips. I've now got one more work day before San Diego, and it's a good thing I didn't take that one off, since one of my fellow librarians is going to be having her retirement ceremony on it. We have made sure not to include any fruits or vegetables in the refreshments; she doesn't like the former anyway.